The Center for Gender Equity at Western New Mexico University is hosting F Week, a series of events which focus on feminism and empowering women beginning March 6.
“These series of events will empower women through transformative programming. The Center’s student coordinators are hopeful that numerous individuals will be in attendance of the events which will occur from March 6 to March 9,” Center’s Graduate Assistant Lauren Dazey said. “Through the empowerment of women, we want to aid in achieving equal pay and breaking the ever-present glass ceiling. The Center also wishes to bust the myth about feminism and show that anyone has the potential to be a feminist, regardless of your gender.”
- An Introduction to F Week: What Does Feminism Mean to You?, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Student Memorial Center 3rd floor.
- Bingo!, 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Student Memorial Center 2nd floor
- NewMexicoWomen.org, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Student Memorial Center 2nd floor
- Start Smart Presented by AAUW: How to Negotiate your First Salary, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Center for Gender Equity
- Kisha Mays: Be Your Own Boss, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Light Hall (refreshments included)
- Mercedez Holtry Poetry Workshop, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Light Hall
- What is Modern Feminism? Round Table of Panelists, 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Light Hall
- An Evening with Mercedez Holtry, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Light Hall (refreshments)
- Repairing the Root of Life with Lyla June: Affirming the Sacredness of Women, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Center for Gender Equity