CURRENT STUDENTS | FUTURE STUDENTS | FACULTY/STAFF | A-Z
RN to BSN Program Description
Western New Mexico University offers an online program for RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The nursing courses are all online as well as many of the general education courses. The program was developed in response to a nursing shortage, and in particular to a shortage of nurses prepared at the bachelor’s level. This RN to BSN program is a part of a statewide effort to expand nursing education at all levels. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be prepared for positions in patient care, leadership, school health, and community health.
Program Admission Requirements
1. Graduate of an approved ADN or Diploma program in nursing
2. Active license as a Registered Nurse
3. Cumulative GPA of 2.50
1. Liability insurance, immunizations and CPR must be current and submitted before enrollment in Community Health Nursing;
2. Valid certification in CPR throughout the program;
3. Sufficient coursework must be taken through WNMU to satisfy the resident credit requirement.
1. Graduates of Associate Degree Programs can transfer lower division credits to WNMU;
2. Credit earned in a diploma program will be evaluated on an individual basis
3. Only college courses with a grade of C or better will transfer
General Education Requirements and Supporting Coursework for this Major