Ways You Can Give
The WNMU Foundation accepts donations of cash, real property and other items of financial value for the sole purpose of enhancing,
promoting and contributing to the accomplishments of the mission of Western New Mexico University that interest our alumni and friends.
Donations will be accepted and steward in accordance with the wishes of the donor
either (1) restricted to scholarships, capital projects, program areas, or (2) unrestricted to be utilized by the Board of Director's discretion.
Types of Gifts
- Out Right Gifts: Cash, real estate, marketable securities, closely held stocks, and personnel property
- Endowments: Gifts that reach the minimum of $5,000 level are restricted to the donor's request and the gift remains invested in perpetuity and allowing the interest to be utilized annually.
- Matching Gifts: Individuals should check with their employer to determine if the company has a matching gift program to significantly increase the value of your own contribution.
- Planned Giving: Individuals should discuss planned giving programs with their financial advisors to enhance the process of giving through bequests, living trusts, revocable deferred gifts, charitable remainder trusts, life insurance beneficiary, and other planned giving opportunities.
- Gifts -In-Kind: Such items as antiques, paintings, jewelry, pottery, equipment and other items of worth.
- Memorials and Tributes: Establish a gift program for someone special in your life at the time of passage, such a gift is a fitting way to honor the individual and express your sentiments.
Cash gifts may be sent to the Foundation office or on our secure online web site
Note: Gifts to the Foundation will be properly documented and receipts will be provided for income tax deductions as determined by the donor and their tax consultant and current tax laws.