Date(s) - 08/16/2014
Add event to your calendar
The purpose of the new student orientation at Western New Mexico University is to ensure that new students have a successful transition and integration into college life. In addition to serving as an introduction to many of the opportunities and resources available at our campus, orientation is an introduction to the requirements you’ll need to fully enroll and become a successful member of the Mustang community.
By attending orientation students will:
- Complete a class schedule in his/her chosen major
- Have a comprehensive academic advising session
- Gain more knowledge of student support services, the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and the Western academic experience.
- Gain a better understanding of the personal and financial responsibilities of attending college
- Reduce anxiety about the transition to collegiate life
- Understand the necessity of students taking ownership and academic responsibility in their educational process
- Begin to embrace “the Western Way”
Please note that the orientation programs are two-day, overnight stay events, except for the August 16th session. Call our office if you have questions or concerns at 575-538-6400 or email us at email@example.com.
Orientation Sessions Dates
Below are the dates for the summer orientation sessions for new students entering Western New Mexico in the Fall 2014 semester.
The fee for the summer orientation programs is $110. This fee covers meals, materials, expenses, and the Campus Clarity program, and will be applied directly to your student account.
Things to know:
- Sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- During online registration, all open sessions will appear as choices. Click on the dates you wish to attend.
- Your session date is not confirmed until you have completed online registration and received the confirmation email.