Requirements for Students
- Students undertaking research or creative projects in
any field are eligible for this funding. IRB approval is required prior
to requesting funds.
- Funds can be requested by
individuals and by groups of students.
- Only currently-enrolled students
in good standing are eligible to receive funding.
- Projects must be the work of
students, allowing for faculty mentorship, rather than the work of faculty in
which students are involved.
- Retroactive requests for funding will only be considered under very limited circumstances.
- Students must have two faculty/staff
references and at least one of those “mentors” must:
- Be a full-time
- have expertise
in a related field
- Be available to offer advice and support to the student
throughout the project
For the 2013-2014 academic year, there
are new forms for both students and mentors. Please be sure to use the correct
forms and submit all paperwork by the 15th of the month in order for
your work to be considered during that month. Keep in mind that your entire
packet must be received by the 15th, including your mentor
Student Application Form – for groups or individual students – Word doc
Form for mentors:
Mentor Appraisal Form - Word doc
Please send your materials
electronically (email) to Jennifer.Coleman@wnmu.edu.
Electronic signatures are welcome.